Shipping Container Homes for Sale: From Off Grid Dwellings
Small footprint. Smaller dent in your wallet. Big-time durability.
Besides the reasons above, what makes a shipping container home from Off Grid Dwellings so unique is the multiple ways it can be used!
Prefab Homes can be made from used shipping containers (single container solutions to multiple containers big) in a way that does not have the interior and exterior feeling like it is made from a recycled piece of metal.
A beautiful shipping container could be your next dream home, a mountain retreat, lake house, backyard accessory dwelling unit, or even an AirBnB business opportunity!
Smart, clean designs with lots of upgrade options allows you to have a custom build at an affordable price.
As much as we would love to list the individual specs on each of these units you would be better off clicking on the photos or titles of each one to see them for yourselves. What we CAN list here for everyone to see:
- Made 100% In The U.S.A. = Come right down to Florida to see our factory (with appointment)
- Actual stamped engineered designs that pass one of the strictest county codes in America
- Are “Plug & Play” ready so the moment your unit arrives you can plug it in and start living in it comfortably!
- Full Off Grid Upgrade Available
- If you have any questions give us a call or shoot us an email!
Not Sure Where To Start?
The Best Resource We Have Found Is Below:
We Even Have Off Grid Custom Container Homes Made Right Here In The United States!
Looking for a sustainable and off-grid home solution? Check out the Mauna Loa 20 Off-Grid Container Home from Off-Grid Dwellings!
Here are some key features and benefits of this container home:
- Made in the USA: The Mauna Loa 20 is built in the United States with high-quality materials, ensuring durability and longevity.
- Off-grid living: With a solar panel system and a composting toilet, this container home allows you to live off-grid and reduce your environmental impact.
- Efficient design: The Mauna Loa 20 is designed to maximize space and functionality. The open floor plan includes a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and bedroom loft.
- Customizable options: You can choose from our base model to our premium model; to tailor the container home to your specific needs.
- Easy installation: The container home is delivered pre-built and can be easily installed on your property. No construction experience is required!
- Sustainable lifestyle: Living in an off-grid container home allows you to reduce your carbon footprint and embrace a more sustainable lifestyle.
Investing in a Mauna Loa 20 Off-Grid Container Home is not just an investment in a home, but in a lifestyle.
Join the growing community of off-gridders and live in a sustainable and eco-friendly way. Order now and take the first step towards your off-grid living dream!
Are you looking for an eco-friendly and affordable housing solution? The Kohala 40 Off-Grid Unit by Off-Grid Dwellings might be just what you need!
Here are some reasons why this shipping container home / tiny house is worth considering:
- Made in the USA: The Kohala 40 is built in the United States using top-quality materials, ensuring a durable and long-lasting structure.
- Solar-powered: This container home comes equipped with a solar panel system that provides renewable energy, making it a sustainable and eco-friendly option.
- Spacious and efficient design: The Kohala 40 has a smart and efficient layout that maximizes every inch of space. It includes a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and two bedrooms, making it perfect for a small family or a couple.
- Customizable options: You can customize your Kohala 40′ with a range of optional add-ons, such as choosing between our base and premium model, to make it even more tailored to your specific needs.
- Easy installation: The container home is delivered pre-built and ready to be installed on your property, which makes the process quick and easy. No need for construction experience or expensive building permits!
- Off-grid living: With the Kohala 40, you can live off-grid and become self-sufficient, reducing your environmental footprint and your monthly expenses.
By investing in the Kohala 40 Off-Grid Custom Home, you are investing in a sustainable and eco-friendly lifestyle that benefits both you and the environment.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join the off-grid community and enjoy a simpler and more fulfilling way of life. Order your one-of-a-kind Kohala 40ft alternative home now and take the first step towards your off-grid living dream!
Container Home Shells To Design As You See Fit
The Arches Foldable Container Home comes as essentially a blank slate ready for you to add your style.
These shells are built with steel framing, aluminum siding (less prone to rust), and have basic insulation already installed.
Key features for this 20’ Foldable Container Home:
- 20ft Blank Canvas For You To Make Your Own (160sq ft)
- Rust-Resistant Paint Applied To Steel Frame To Help The Container Home Stay Rust Free For 10+ Years (Applying Your Own Rust-Preventative Materials Every Few Years Is Recommended)
- Comes Standard With Two Double-Paned Windows
- Comes Standard With a Regular Sized Door
- Sets Up In Less Than 1 Hour With Three Workers
The Joshua Tree 20’ Flat Packed Shipping Container Home is perfect for you if have a great view from your lot or a space where you are planning to add a deck or patio and enjoy indoor/outdoor living.
The window wall upgrade option MAKES this house!
Like the 20’ Foldable Container Home, the Joshua Tree Flat Packed Home Shell is built with steel framing, aluminum siding (to lessen the potential to rust), and basic insulation already installed.
Key features for this 20’ Flat Packed Container Home:
- A Truly Blank Canvas To Make Your Own (160sq ft worth)
- Wall Of Windows Upgrade Allows You To Experience Nature
- Rust Resistant Paint Is Applied To The Steel Frame Section Of This Container Home Allowing For 10+ Years Of Rust Free Living
- Standard Exterior Door or Upgrade To Glass Sliding Door
- Sets Up In Less Than 1 Hour With 3 Workers
The floor to ceiling windows in the Carlsbad Caverns unit is a single shipping container to help you take advantage of your amazing views. Your unique container home will arrive with all interior finishes installed.
Quick, simple set up and connection of your electrical and plumbing means you will be moving in in no time. Relax inside your living space or enjoy the outdoors with your (upgradable) retractable patio deck!
Key Features for this 1 Bedroom 40’ Shipping Container Home:
- Retractable Patio Deck For Maximum Space Utilization
- Bedroom space for privacy inside your Container Home
- Panoramic Views with 40′ of Floor to Ceiling Windows
- Fully Installed and ready to go Kitchen (Appliances Not Included) & Bathroom (Shower, WC, & Vanity)
Check Out A Few Of Our Smaller Container Home Options
Key Features for this 20-Foot Container Home With Deck:
- Panel of Floor to Ceiling Windows Provides For Amazing Views
- Exterior Wood Finish Options (Light, Medium & Dark)
- Sliding Glass Doors for Maximum Outside Exposure
- Patio Deck for your relaxation and outdoor pleasure.
- Comes Nearly Finished and Ready For You To Move Into
Key Features for this 40′ Shipping Container Home:
- Comes 95% Completed!
- 320 square feet of living space!
- Sliding Glass Door & Double Pane Windows
- Optional Retractable Deck Upgrade Available
- Finished Plumbing & Electrical ready for Hook-ups
- Finished Quality Ready For You To Move Into
Key Features for this One Bedroom Container Home For Sale:
- FLAT PACK UNIT!!! Will Need To Be Built On Site!
- 480 sq. ft. of livable space (Including Covered Deck)
- Designated spaces designed to maximize your living space
- Floor to ceiling windows in your living room/kitchen area bring in lots of light
- Beautiful exterior cladding gives a very clean & sleek look to your Container Home
**QUICK TIP: Concrete Foundations Are Your Friend
There are many different foundation options you can choose from when placing your container home down on the ground to secure it.
Some immediate benefits to attaching your container home to a concrete foundation are below:
- Secures your home in place protecting it against any ground / soil shifting or settling.
- Secures your home in case of larger earthquakes and other natural disasters
- Increases your wind rating from 110 MPH to over 150 MPH!
There are multiple foundation options but many of our customers go with concrete piers as it is much more cost effective than laying a whole slab while still providing similar benefits.
If you would like to read more in our full blown article on nothing but your container home foundation options click here!
2 & 3 Bedroom Shipping Container Houses For Sale
- Cheapest Multiple Room Option
- 2-3 Bedrooms available
- Full Bathroom with Shower, Vanity, & Toilet
- Pre-Installed Electric & Lighting Throughout The Home
- Expand Container Home Walls for setup under an hour
- Compact and Expandable Unit for the most flexibility in delivery and location placement
- Choose Two 20′ Containers or Two 40′ Containers Depending One Needs
- Comes With A Treated Deck / Patio Area
- Equals 320sq ft or 640sq ft Of Inside Living Space
- Wall of Windows Connecting You Outside Space To Inside Living
- Wooden Walls Protect Container Home From Rusting!
- 40’ of Floor to Ceiling Windows offer panoramic views the entire length of your container home allows you to bring the outside beauty inside.
- 640 sq. ft. of Living Space
- Fully Retractable Deck Add this upgrade to protect your windows from weather or give yourself additional optional privacy. Deck retracts in 3-5 minutes.
- Extra Large Bedrooms for the living space you desire.
- Largest Container Design We Offer Regularly
- 3 Bedrooms with 960 Sq. Ft. of living space.
- 2 Full Bathrooms with Tub/Shower, Vanity, & Toilet
- Contemporary Design creates a very clean and sleek looking container home
- Floor to Ceiling Windows = Massive Viewing and Natural Light Opportunities
- Bath Tub Option Available!
This shipping container gives you the space you desire with great style.
Putting together two 40-foot shipping containers, (we use recycled shipping containers with one use max) we are able to create a super affordable 3 bedroom living space. The design and look can’t be beat by anything else on the market.
640 sq ft of living space, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, along with the living quarters. This unit is gorgeous inside and out.
If you are in the market and needing 3 bedrooms, make sure you check this container home out.
Key features for this 3 Bedroom Container Home:
- 640 sq ft of living space
- 3 Bedroom (1 Master & 2 Similar-sized Rooms)
- 1 Bathroom with Shower, Toilet, & Sink Vanity
- Sliding or Foldable Glass Doors
** Some customers like to remove the middle wall between the 2 bedrooms to almost make it seem like there are TWO master bedrooms in this setup!