Shipping Container Homes for Sale by
Off Grid Dwellings
Small footprint. Smaller dent in your wallet. Big-time durability.
Besides the reasons above, what makes a shipping container home from Off Grid Dwellings so unique is the multiple ways it can be used!
A Container Home could be your next home, a mountain retreat, lake house, backyard accessory dwelling unit, or even an AirBnB business opportunity!
Smart, clean designs with lots of upgrade options allows you to have a custom home at an affordable price.
Container Home Shells To Design As You See Fit
20’ Foldable Container Home
The Arches Foldable Container Home comes as essentially a blank slate ready for you to add your style.
These shells are built with steel framing, aluminum siding (less prone to rust), and have basic insulation already installed.
Key features for this 20’ Foldable Container Home:
- 20ft Blank Canvas For You To Make Your Own (160sq ft)
- Rust-Resistant Paint Applied To Steel Frame To Help The Container Home Stay Rust Free For 10+ Years (Applying Your Own Rust-Preventative Materials Every Few Years Is Recommended)
- Comes Standard With Two Double-Paned Windows
- Comes Standard With a Regular Sized Door
- Sets Up In Less Than 1 Hour With Three Workers
20’ Flat Packed Container Home
The Joshua Tree 20’ Flat Packed Shipping Container Home is perfect for you if have a great view from your lot or a space where you are planning to add a deck or patio and enjoy indoor/outdoor living.
The window wall upgrade option MAKES this house!
Like the 20’ Foldable Container Home, the Joshua Tree Flat Packed Home Shell is built with steel framing, aluminum siding (to lessen the potential to rust), and basic insulation already installed.
Key features for this 20’ Flat Packed Container Home:
- A Truly Blank Canvas To Make Your Own (160sq ft worth)
- Wall Of Windows Upgrade Allows You To Experience Nature
- Rust Resistant Paint Is Applied To The Steel Frame Section Of This Container Home Allowing For 10+ Years Of Rust Free Living
- Standard Exterior Door or Upgrade To Glass Sliding Door
- Sets Up In Less Than 1 Hour With 3 Workers
**Please Remember Above Photo Includes Upgrade Options!
Studio & 1 Bedroom Shipping Container Homes For Sale
We added a dog door off our bedroom. Something small that made the world of difference too us! Wish we could have got the wall of windows but living on the Gulf made that hard; still a pretty darn good living space!
One Bedroom 40' Container Home
The floor to ceiling windows in the Carlsbad Caverns unit help you take advantage of your amazing views. Your container home will arrive with all interior finishes installed.
Quick, simple set up and connection of your electrical and plumbing means you will be moving in in no time. Relax inside your living space or enjoy the outdoors with your (upgradable) retractable patio deck!
Key Features for this 1 Bedroom 40’ Shipping Container Home:
- Retractable Patio Deck For Maximum Space Utilization
- Bedroom space for privacy inside your Container Home
- Panoramic Views with 40' of Floor to Ceiling Windows
- Fully Installed and ready to go Kitchen (Appliances Not Included) & Bathroom (Shower, WC, & Vanity)
Check Out A Few Of Our Smaller Container Home Options
Key Features for this 20' Container Home With Deck:
Key Features for this 40' Shipping Container Home:
Key Features for this One Bedroom Container Home For Sale:
**QUICK TIP: Concrete Foundations Are Your Friend
There are many different foundation options you can choose from when placing your container home down on the ground to secure it.
Some immediate benefits to attaching your container home to a concrete foundation are below:
- Secures your home in place protecting it against any ground / soil shifting or settling.
- Secures your home in case of larger earthquakes and other natural disasters
- Increases your wind rating from 110 MPH to over 150 MPH!
There are multiple foundation options but many of our customers go with concrete piers as it is much more cost effective than laying a whole slab while still providing similar benefits.
If you would like to read more in our full blown article on nothing but your container home foundation options click here!
2 & 3 Bedroom Shipping Container Homes For Sale
Add this upgrade to protect your windows from weather or give yourself additional optional privacy. Deck retracts in 3-5 minutes.
This shipping container gives you the space you desire with great style.
Putting together two 40-foot shipping containers, we are able to create a super affordable 3 bedroom living space. The design and look can’t be beat by anything else on the market.
640 sq ft of living space, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, along with the living quarters. This unit is gorgeous inside and out.
If you are in the market and needing 3 bedrooms, make sure you check this container home out.
Key features for this 3 Bedroom Container Home:
- 640 sq ft of living space
- 3 Bedroom (1 Master & 2 Similar-sized Rooms)
- 1 Bathroom with Shower, Toilet, & Sink Vanity
- Sliding or Foldable Glass Doors
** Some customers like to remove the middle wall between the 2 bedrooms to almost make it seem like there are TWO master bedrooms in this setup!